Shady Canyon Market Stats
|Average Home Price||$12.3M|
|Lowest Priced Home||$5.1K|
|Highest Listing Price||$22.9M|
|Total Property Listings||10|
|Avg. Days On Market||91|
Property Types (active listings)
Browse Shady Canyon homes directly below, or read more about this community's world-class features and attractions.
Search Shady Canyon Real Estate Listings
01Prestigious Shady Canyon Golf Club
02Trail system with access to Quail Hill & Bommer Canyon
03Wonderful panoramic vistas of the surrounding countryside
Shady Canyon Real Estate Information
Shady Canyon homes are some of the most sought-after in Orange County. Incomparable luxury, stunning views, and world-class amenities await all those who choose to reside in this prestigious gated community. Read on to find out more about one of the best gated communities in Irvine with Jacqueline Thompson Group.
- Approximately 400 luxury homes and homesites lie within thousands of acres of pristine Orange County real estate.
- Shady Canyon's luxury custom homesites average 27,000 square feet.
- Residents enjoy a trail system with access to Quail Hill and Bommer Canyon.
- Shady Canyon is near to Newport Coast, Laguna Beach, and shopping centers such as Fashion Island, South Coast Plaza, Irvine Spectrum, and much more.
- Rolled curbs and subdued outdoor lighting lend a rural-community feel.
- All built elements are the work of highly skilled craftsmen.
- Shady Canyon's extensive trails are lined by stone walls modeled after those found in Provence, France.
- The Tennis & Swim Center includes a junior Olympic pool and spa.
- Shady Canyon is a guard-gated community with both semi-custom and custom homes. Homeowners often live in the builder semi-custom homes while they build their custom homes.
- Architecture inspired by Provence, Tuscan, Adobe Ranch, Santa Barbara, and Andalusian styles.
Shady Canyon Amenities & Community Features
This complex offers approximately 3,000 square feet of indoor area in addition to expansive outdoor decks, patios, and loggias.
It is designed in a refined Santa Barbara Colonial style and is built to the highest design specifications.
- A junior-Olympic size swimming pool and deck with chairs and shade structures
- Whirlpool spa at the edge of the deck
- A patio area with a built-in barbecue and outdoor fireplace
- Two tennis courts
- A tot lot, with separate areas for older and younger children
- A view pavilion perched on a rise with panoramic vistas
Shady Canyon Schools
Students in Shady Canyon attend award-winning schools in the Irvine Unified School District. These include Bonita Canyon Elementary, Rancho San Joaquin Middle, and University High Schools. For post-secondary students, there is the University of California, Concordia University, and Irvine Valley College all within easy commuting distance.
Explore Shady Canyon's Subdivisions
Master's Collection - Luxury homes from 5,300 to 6,700 square feet, near Shady Canyon's beautiful golf course.
Sycamore - Residents enjoy amazing family-friendly amenities and stately residences by Greystone Homes.
Villas - Sweeping views in a luxurious, secure community within minutes of Newport Beach.
Shady Canyon Golf Club
Shady Canyon Golf Club is at the center of the unique residential and golf preserve called Shady Canyon. Golf Club members enjoy the use of a Tom Fazio 18-hole championship Golf Course, the Main Clubhouse, and the Fitness and Swim Club. This private club embodies the ideals of an organization devoted to the highest standards of the game.
Built on 300 acres of natural beauty, Shady Canyon's golf course and facility is one of the most renowned in the world. The driving range, putting green, and short-game area will satisfy the most serious golfer. A staff of highly regarded PGA and LPGA professionals provide personal and group lessons for Members and their families.
Owner and Developer: Irvine Community Development Company LLC, a subsidiary of The Irvine Company, Newport Beach, California.
Golf Course Architect: Tom Fazio
Golf Course: Golf Course: The private Golf Course incorporates 300 acres of rugged terrain into its dramatic layout. Renowned golf course architect Tom Fazio routed the course’s 18 holes behind the natural topography including the natural boulders and up to scenic elevations.
Golf Course Yardage: Approximately 7,012 from the back tees.
Social Members enjoy use of all club facilities, including limited use of the golf area. Social Memberships offer dining both inside and outside the Main Clubhouse as well as private banquet rooms. The Sycamore Room offers a grand fireplace with views of the canyon and is ideal for larger events. The Boardroom may be used for business meetings or small private parties.
The Spa and Fitness Center offers a beautifully appointed and well-equipped gym. Daily exercise classes are available in addition to specialized instruction from personal trainers. The Spa offers a selection of body treatments, including massages and facials. The Junior Olympic pool is a benefit to members who enjoy swimming in the natural surroundings, or simply relaxing with poolside services.
Shady Canyon Clubhouse
Clubhouse Architect: Altevers Associates
Clubhouse Design: The design of the Clubhouse derives from that of Wallace Neff, who helped establish the architectural reputation of Santa Barbara. This style is distinguished by the Main Clubhouse’s entry tower and by its deep-set windows. The Clubhouse also includes elements such as: loggias; steel French doors that grant access to courtyards and terraces; deep arches and timber-beamed ceilings; wood plank doors and hand-carved accents.
- Main Clubhouse: Approximately 43,000 square feet
- Fitness and Swim Club: Approximately 6,700 square feet
- Golf Course Opened For Play: February 2002
- Main Clubhouse Opened: December 2002
- Fitness and Swim Club: Opened February 2003
Curious to see how Shady Canyon Golf Club compares to the best golf courses in and around Irvine California? Make sure to read our Best Golf Courses in Orange County guide for 2020!
Shady Canyon Luxury Real Estate Features
Live the splendor of Tuscany in Shady Canyon.
Enjoy more than 10,000 square feet of Tuscan living, where grand-scale rooms seamlessly open to sheltered loggias, courtyards and expansive sun-drenched rear grounds with pool/spa and cabana.
Set against serene rolling hills, these splendidly inviting Santa Barbara-style custom residences offer private interior courtyards, abundant natural daylight, gourmet kitchen suites opening to entertaining great rooms, offices, wine rooms, mudrooms, large second-level bonus rooms with fabulous city light views, saltwater pools and spa, a main level master suite, expansive indoor/outdoor living spaces, and much more.
The information being provided is for the visitor’s personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective communities visitor may be interested in obtaining general information. Any information relating to a community referenced on this web site regardless of source, including but not limited to builder tracts, architectural styles, and amenities, is deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be personally verified through personal inspection by and/or with the appropriate professionals.